April 15, 2012

Going For It

Remember the vintage curved settee I posted about here?


Well today I am tackling that beast and attempting to make a slipcover for it. You know how you always have a certain minds eye picture of what the finished product will look like? I only hope it comes out looking half as good as it does in my head!

 I got six yards of heavy white canvas for $6 a yard and I am printing the fabric myself using a stencil I cut.....again, in my head it will look fabulous!


This piece is tricky because of the curves and I have never slip-covered such a tailored piece before. It is really well made so just getting the tailored skirt off was a real pain in the arse!



There were about a million upholstery nails in that thing so I had to use my pliers and puuuulll with all my strength to get that skirt off!

It's not the easiest thing to heft around either...awkward shape so it tends to tilt and pivot exactly when you don't want it to.


ANYWAY...I'm going for it. I printed a test of the stencil I cut for this and I think it's going to look soooo good. Well, at least in my head...............

Wish me luck!


3 comments:

gina said...

Cannot wait to see the finished product. That stencil is amazing!

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

Ah, Laura - I've been waiting for this! You blogged about it when you got the piece & I have been checking back. I know it's going to be SO challenging, but I can't wait to see what you have in mind! Good luck!

Warmly, Michelle

Mitch and Serretta Barlow said...

That is going to turn out awesome! I can't wait to see the final result!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...